This tutorial provides a basic SMS-MT Mobile Terminating Call Flow.
1.The Short message is transferred from SC to SMS-GMSC
2.SMS-GMSC queries the HLR(SRI) and receives the routing information for the mobile subscriber (SRI-ACK).
3. The SMS-GMSC sends the short message to the MSC using the forwardShortMessage operation(FSM).
4. The MSC retrieves the subscriber information from the VLR. This operation may include an authentication procedure.
5. The MSC transfers the short message to the mobile station.`
6. The MSC returns the outcome of the forwardShortMessage operation to the SMS-GMSC(FSM-ACK).
7. If requested by the SMC, the SMSC returns a status report indicating delivery of the short message.