Enterprise Telephony Architect
West Corporation is enhancing its multi-talented Telecom team with a Telephony Architect that has strong telephony design skills to provide technical leadership across the Enterprise when analyzing, designing and testing telephony systems combined with the ability to partner with business unit leaders. If you have designed detailed telephony systems you can be a part of this dynamic team. Check us out at www.west.com and see where you can make a difference!
Reference Number: 927730.1072
Status: Full Time, Employee
Location: Omaha, NE 68154
- Bachelors degree in computer science/engineering, MIS, or electrical engineering required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum 6 years telephony engineering experience and design experience required, preferably in a global, multi location company.
- Minimum 4 years experience in one or more disciplines (e.g., OSI modeling, telecom best practices, gateway and VoIP systems design, functional concepts such as VoIP, Session Border Control (SBC), Advanced PBX/ACD switching and routing concepts, Advanced IP gateway and SBC concepts knowledge, Fault-tolerance engineering practices, and deploying and maintaining infrastructure that supports complex telephony environments) required;
- Minimum 1 year experience with telephony test tools is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; Cisco certification (e.g., CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE, CCVP etc.) or equivalent certification preferred
West Corporation competes in a broad business process outsourcing industry providing solutions to many of the worlds largest companies. We offer a suite of customized solutions to our clients in diverse markets including customer service, sales and marketing, emergency communication services, business-to-business sales support, conferencing and accounts receivable management outsourcing, among others.
Our reputation for service quality, leading technology and shared services model gives us significant competitive advantages in the markets we serve. Each of our segments - Communications Services, Conferencing Services and Receivables Management - addresses several markets within the broader business process outsourcing industry. Our ability to efficiently and cost-effectively process high volume, complex transactions for our clients helps them reduce operating costs, increase cash flow, improve customer satisfaction and facilitate effective communications.
Over the past twenty years, West has built one of the most solid information technology teams in the industry. In fact, its over 1,100 information technology professionals average five or more years of service at West. Thats because West provides each individual with extraordinary opportunities and ongoing challenges in which to grow their careers. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, West has approximately 47,000 employees based in North America, Europe and Asia. In addition to its $2.2 billion Fortune 1000 company status, West has numerous patents for new technology. Its no wonder Business 2.0 ranked West Corporation as one of the 100 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies for 2006 and the only Nebraska company included in the ranking. Our growth is far from over - come see for yourself!
Apply online today at http://www.west.com/careers . To locate this position on our careers website click on Search Jobs, enter 927730 in the space provided for Requisition Number, and click on Search.